Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My trip to Kenya


For those of you who followed my blogs while I was in Kenya, I have written a report on my trip, and I'm sure I left some things out. There was just so much to tell! But, feel free to read it at this link.

http://www.angelcovers.org/HumbleHeartsReport09.pdf

Since returning home, we have learned that the remaining Angel Cottage construction is fully funded. WHOOOHOOO!!! Thanks to the Vista Hermosa Foundation for this grant! We have a goal of Nov. 1 for the move in date and Beatrice is working really hard to make this happen.

Now for more good news! The kids of Angel Cottage are currently sleeping 2-3 to a bed as you all know. All of the furniture from the current home will be moved into the new home. However, there are lots of other things that are needed....more beds, tables for the dinning room, a concrete wall to provide a safe play area, etc. None of these items were included in the construction budget. But, a very generous couple has offered a matching donation for these items. For every dollar we can raise between now and Dec. 31 they will donate $.50 up to $5,000. Therefore, if we raise $10,000 for all the items needed at Angel Cottage they will donate $5,000. $15,000 will go a LONG way to buying all the things needed to truly make this a home.

Many of you do so much for these kids already. But, if there is any way you are able to help with this it would be so appreciated. Beatrice and I are putting together a complete list of items needed and their costs. I will have that posted soon. Please let all your friends and family know about these needs and the matching money.

Also, we have just put new holiday cards on the website. Profits from the sale of these cards will be matched as well, so please check them out and pass the link on. http://www.angelcovers.org/holidaycards.html I'm taking pre-orders right now and will start mailing cards as soon as they arrive to me on Oct. 7.

Thank you for all your support of Angel Covers and especially the kids of Angel Cottage and Humble Hearts. I've seen first hand how your changing lives.

Kari







No comments: