Monday, December 28, 2009

An update on Humble Hearts


Yesterday I received unbelievable pictures of Humble Hearts...or where Humble Hearts used to be. It was completely shocking to me to see literally nothing left. I only received 2 pictures, but they really show that nothing remains.

Beatrice told me today that the attorneys involved are associated with organizations like Amnesty International who pay for the services. Part of the problem right now is that offices are closed due to the holiday so they are simply having to wait before they talk to anyone.

She also said that many of the building in the pictures you see still standing either weren't bulldozed because people were threatening to set fire to the bulldozers or have already been rebuilt. Maybe people have asked about Angel Cottage. Angel Cottage is in a completely different area of town and was not effected by this. The children will still be able to move in and attend school there, so we don't have to worry about them fortunately.

Information is painfully slow coming in, but as I know anything I'll let everyone know.

Thank you to everyone who has already donated to the rebuilding effort. I don't know yet where we will rebuild, but I do know that rebuilding has to occur. This school is vital to each of the children who attend.





No comments: